Search This Blog

Monday, December 12, 2011

Then vs Now

Back in the 1800s, society was way more laid back. Less laws, less murder, less people. More land, more kindness, and more beautiful scenery. But all of that is covered up now by huge buildings, laws and governments, cereal killers, larger population, and a Lack Of COMMON Sense. Yes, I said it, LACK OF COMMON SENSE. Sadly, people back then used a more precise language without all of the new found "slang" terminology. I know that I would love to go back to this time period and escape all of the nonsense that surrounds me in this world. That is why I take every chance I can to escape "civilization" and travel to either the mountains to either ski, four wheel, camp, hike, fish, hunt, or any other outdoors activities that I forgot to mention. A few of the downsides to the 1800s are, empty knowledge of medicine, prejudice aginst women, and the wars against the Native Americans. I have a feeling that I would be a lot like Sully on "Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman", a TV series that I have grown to love watching on watchseries.eu. Why spend money on TV when you can get it for free if you just look? Not quite a rhetorical question. : ) One thing that the 21st century has going for it is the vast knowledge of medicine, however humans only know about 20% of the knowledge we seek.(Don't quote me on that) Equal rights for women was a very large advantage that was gained and has resulted in great historical events and ideas. If humans had ended all of the pettiness long ago, then the problem of the ever diminishing coal that is supposed to only last for 200 more years wouldn't be a problem. But If we had abandoned pettiness long ago, then the coal may have not been diminished so much nor needed. There is a lot of those questions out there, we need only ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment